Saturday, January 14, 2012

A  P  O    I  S  L  A  N  D 
Negros - The Philippines 

 Local travel. The bus/ferry terminal at Lilo An at the bottom of Cebu where I took the ferry across to Sipalay on Negros.

 Looking across to Negros from Lilo An.

 The beach from Liberty's Lodge where I arrived. I was planning to stay here but I moved to Marios and did my Open Water diving cert with him.

 These little banka boats are used to transport you to the dive locations around the island.


 My room at Marios.

 The equipment cleaning and storing area.

 Afternoon view from the beach at Apo.

 Many pigs were slaughtered as Xmas approached.

 Our regulators and fins.

 Local cooking. Pork lard heating up in the wok.

 An afternoon view from a more southerly point. 

 Local housing.

 Lots of cock fighting happens here. You can see a couple perched on posts.

 Sunset view.

 Christmas Eve dinner - delicious!

 On the beach with Negros in the background.

Apo Christmas Tree.

 Another village shot.

 Mac Mac the dive master and Arnold one of the boatmen and below the plane I took back to Cebu from Dumaguete airport.



And of course not forgetting Mario the diving instructor. He was great!



No comments:

Post a Comment